Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Response to Joann’s Tech and Resource class assignment

Dance Circle on Blogger.com
Response to Joann’s Tech and Resource class assignment

Joann’s homepage and assignment pages were really very fascinating, after observing her submittals I found everything to be well thought out both visually and content wise. I would first like to talk about her animation page. After taking a peek at all my other classmate’s animation pages, Joann's animation page stood out head and shoulders above the rest! Although all my classmate’s animation pages were well done, it was Joann’s animation page that put a big Kool-Aid smile on my face!

Joann’s final project page was very rich and fruitful, since this was a group effort, kudos to all the other team members as well! The given assignment, dance using technology, was very useful (and fruitful) to me because dance is my passion and I really appreciated the information Joann shared. I learned a lot about Salsa, as stated in her page, “The word Salsa in Spanish means ‘sauce’ and like sauce the Salsa dance form is a mix of different ingredients that come together to make one final product. Salsa dance is a fusion of different dance styles such as Mambo, Danzon, Guaguanco, and Cuban son that originated on the islands of Cuba and Puerto Rico. Salsa is a social dance and involves a lot of partner work, however there are also solo steps called “shines” where each dancer can show their individuality.”

I discovered pertinent information to incorporate into my classroom and to use to build upon other forms of dance I currently practice. She also included a resourceful PowerPoint presentation that could potentially be used as a blueprint for teaching the history of Salsa dance and music in the classroom.

No comments: