Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pray! Oh Boy, Me and Technology


Pray, Get fit, Get started!!!!!!! This is what I had to tell myself the day I walked in my Technology and Resources class. The first day I walked into class I felt like I had just walk into a foreign country. To my surprise, I thought I knew a little about technology. I guess like knowing a little about Spanish, like uno, dos, tres, believing I could go to Spain and make my way around. Yes, not using good wisdom. Wow, was I embarking on new horizons. I entered a new world of technology and resources that I never experienced nor thought I would have to experience. Knowing that I am more than a conqueror, and an overachiever, I knew I had to pray, get fit for the challenge, and get started working hard, yet smart to overcome the obstacles that I clearly saw coming my way. Believe it or not, I did’nt even know how to open up a new folder. How embarrassing. But, I can tell you now, I can know open up a new folder, navigate my software system, create my own web homepage, use various programs such as audacity, movie making, Fotoflexer and the list goes on and on…
Funny all my IT friends that would question me about the course I was taking, said to me wow when you finish, maybe you can show me a thing or two. They all were unfamiliar with how to create a web page and unfamiliar with the programs I was using for my assignments.
I am truly thankful to have an awesome Professor who's patient with his teaching style. Wow! What power it is, in prayer!

No comments: